Last Date : 30 April 2023.
Arts University Bournemouth (AUB), with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, is offering applications for the 2023 GREAT Scholarships for international students to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
The AUB GREAT Scholarships are open to aspirants from China, Kenya, India, and Pakistan for all AUB’s Master’s courses. The award program offers financial support of a minimum of £10,000 to students pursuing a one-year postgraduate study in the UK.
Arts University Bournemouth was founded in 1883 and runs 23 bachelor’s and 10 master’s programs structured in two faculties: the Faculty of Media and Performance and the Faculty of Art and Design. AUB offers short courses, summer courses, BA, MA, and Research (MPhil/PhD) degrees, and Foundation Diplomas. The main concentration of all courses lies in art, design, media, and performance.
Why study at Arts University Bournemouth? The Mission of AUB is to be the leading professional Arts University dedicated to turning creativity into careers. ABU aims to create a student body that is balanced and diverse in terms of cultural background and experience and recruit students who can complete their chosen courses.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2023, 12:00 BST.
- University or Organization: Arts University Bournemouth
- Department: All
- Course Level: Master taught degree
- Award: £10,000 tuition fee discount
- Number of Awards: 4
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: China, Kenya, India, and Pakistan
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a variety of postgraduate courses (MA courses are between one and two years in length, depending on the subject and mode of study.) at AUB: Master of Architecture (Part 2 ARB/RIBA)
- MA Animation Production
- MA Design and Innovation
- MA Digital Fashion Innovation
- MA Film Practice
- MA Fine Art
- MA Graphic Design
- MA Historical Costume
- MA Illustration
- MA Painting
- MA Photography
- MRes Arts
- MPhil/PhD Research Degrees
- MA Film Practice (Online)
- MA Interior Design (Online)
- MA Landscape Architecture Studies (Online)
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Successful candidates will be required to represent AUB and the British Council as an ambassador for the GREAT scheme.
- Applicants must be a citizen of China, Kenya, India, or Pakistan
- Applicants must have a conditional or unconditional offer to study a one-year postgraduate taught course at Arts University Bournemouth
- Applicants must be overseas fee payers
- Applicants must have met any language condition of their offer by 15 May 2023.
How to Apply
Apply for a GREAT Scholarship for the 2023/24 academic year.
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for this scholarship online by completing the GREAT Scholarship application form. Before completing this application form, applicants must already hold a postgraduate taught offer for a course at Arts University Bournemouth.
- Applicants can apply for any postgraduate course using an online application form or apply via an Educational Agent. Applications are open for January 2023 and September 2023 entries.
- Supporting Documents: A document which confirms applicants’ nationality – applicants for the GREAT Scholarships at AUB should be passport holders of China, Kenya, India, or Pakistan.
- Applicants must also provide the following:
- Past academic performance
- School/college / employer reference
- Predicted qualifications/ grades
- Commitment, motivation, and potential, normally evidence through a personal statement or cover letter
- Relevant experience
- Any extenuating circumstances
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet all the entry requirements.
- Language Requirement: All international applicants must demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting IELTS Academic or TOEFL exam scores. AUB accepts a range of English Language qualifications:
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) grade C
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) grade C
- Certificate of Attainment in English (London Board) level 5 or 6
- IELTS score of 6.5 or above
- TOEFL iBT with an overall score of 92 or above and a minimum of 19 in writing, listening, and reading, with a score of 20 or above in speaking
- Pearson PTE score of 62 and over, with a score of 51 in each component.
- IELTS, Pearson, and TOEFL scores must be less than two years old when the course commences to be valid.
The university will award four scholarships of £10,000 each to support international students pursuing a one-year postgraduate study in the UK.