Whether you’re after career progression, skills enhancement or just love to learn, a graduate degree could be for you! Monash University has decided to call for Pakistan Higher Education Commission (HEC) Joint Scholarship applications from high-quality Pakistani students to undertake PhD and research degrees.
This joint scholarship program aims to support Pakistan’s need for highly qualified engineers, technologists, and scientists in high-tech fields, as well as build up the capacity of their universities, research and development organizations, and industries.
Monash University helps change lives through research and education. It is one of Australia’s leading universities and ranks among the world’s top 100. Founded in 1958 as the second oldest university in Australia, it has four campuses which are in Victoria, and one in Malaysia.
Why study at Monash University? Students working towards their career goals can find their passion in Science and Maths at Monash. This world-class university has an international reputation for high-quality teaching and research excellence. Studying at Monash encourages creative and independent thought.
Application Deadline: Open all year.
- University or Organization: Monash University
- Department: Science
- Course Level: PhD and research degrees
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The awards can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Pakistan
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD and research degrees
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, must meet all the given criteria:
- Must be an International student
- a citizen or permanent resident of Pakistan at the time of your application;
- not have an offer of admission at the time of applying to HEC;
- satisfy HEC selection criteria, apply to HEC for funding, and be shortlisted by HEC for a scholarship;
- The award is also available for those students who are undertaking Joint Research Awards when Monash University is their home institution.
How to Apply
Prior to applying for a graduate research degree, applicants will need to submit an expression of interest (EOI) to the relevant faculty or academic unit.
- How to Apply: Applicants must complete and submit an application for funding directly to HEC in the first instance.
- Once applicants received confirmation that they have been shortlisted may then apply directly to Monash. As part of an application, applicants must first obtain an Expression of Interest (EOI) from the relevant faculty.
- Supporting Documents: Provide certified translated copies if any documents are not in English (combine all documents into a single PDF).
- Profile: Copy of the personal details page of your current passport, birth certificate or certificate of citizenship or Marriage Certificate.
- Applicant Details: Equity Scholarship Application Form (if applicable)
- Research Program: Summary describing your proposed thesis (at least 3 pages) including methodology and bibliography
- Evidence of scholarships/sponsorships awarded for this research program by an external body (e.g. an employer or home government)
- On-site Supervisor form.
- English Proficiency: Proof of English language proficiency test that must be valid at the time of your proposed commencement date Qualifications
- Certified copies of official academic transcripts
- Awards, Prizes & Scholarships: Evidence of any previously awarded awards, prizes and/or scholarships
- Employment & Research Experience: Written evidence of research or work experience
- Referees: Contact details of two referees and Copies of any referee letters or reports
- Publications: Evidence of any published research may include proof of acceptance, conference abstracts or the front pages of the publication
- Miscellaneous Documents: Any additional documentation required to support your application
- Curriculum Vitae: Academic Curriculum Vitae
- Agent Details
- Admission Requirements: Many Monash courses have specific entry requirements that students will need to fulfil before being admitted. The academic entry requirements differ depending on the graduate research degree: Doctoral degree (PhD) and Master by research.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to meet Monash English language proficiency requirements.
Monash scholarships are very competitive and are awarded based on the student’s academic records, research outputs and prior research experience.
- HEC will provide an annual living allowance, overseas student health cover, and one international return airfare by the most economical route.
- In addition, Monash will provide for up to a maximum of 4 years: a full tuition fee faculty sponsorship and a supplementary (top-up) living allowance up to the RTP stipend rate to support students whilst in Australia.
- The living allowance commences upon arrival in Australia and is unable to be backdated for students who commence their studies whilst overseas.